What is female baldness?
As a woman losing your hair is not the only thing you’re losing, along with hair loss comes extreme loss of confidence and low self esteem. Not as many women have hair loss issues as men do, but it is more common than you realize with around 50% of women suffering noticeable hair loss. Women usually suffer with low density rather than complete hair loss. This is thinning hair which can be caused by many different things, some of which are preventable. Some causes may be
- Over-treating your hair with color treatments, perms, relaxers, etc or using harsh hair products such as extreme-hold hair sprays and gels.
- Wearing your hair up too tightly.
- Not getting enough iron, folic acid, and other minerals in your diet. These all help follicles produce hair naturally.
- Experiencing uncontrolled stress. Stress is related to an uptick in hormones like cortisol. Too many stress hormones may kill off new hairs that are trying to grow from the hair follicles.
- Are going through hormonal changes such as menopause or childbirth.
- Have a skin disorder or infection
How can smp solutions help?
Scalp micropigmentation is not a cure for hair loss or hair thinning, but it can be a really good solution to the problem. If you have low density we can add individual pigment in between your hairs, this makes your hair look thicker as it camouflages the scalp giving you illusion of a fuller head of hair.
Reducing the contrast between your hair and skin can be life changing. Along with our guaranteed results, SMP will help you regain your confidence and self esteem.